Applications Closed – Office administrator
Would you like to work for Lewis Brown?
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Office Administrator with excellent communication skills to join a professional team in Wellington, Somerset.
We are seeking a polite and friendly professional person, to work as part of a small dynamic team of Land Surveyors. Good communication and organisational skills are essential, as you will be the main point of contact for in-house staff and clients alike.
- Part-time role
- 25 – 30 hours per week
- £10 – £10.50 per hour dependent upon relevant experience.
- Office based at Chelston Business Park, Wellington, Somerset.
We offer flexible working hours and support job-specific training and development, giving you the opportunity to develop this role as the business evolves.
Responsibilities & Duties
To support all staff by undertaking a whole range of Administrative Duties on behalf of Lewis Brown. Liaising with in-house staff, clients and suppliers to help ensure the logistical and operational needs of the company are met and delivery of on-time and high-quality surveys are maintained.
- Entering Job Specific Information
- Preparing Job Specific Reports
- Checking and Reporting of Staff Timesheets
- Correspondence with staff, clients and suppliers via outlook email Diary entries and amendments
- Diary entries and amendments
- Preparing Letters, Quotations and other correspodence
- Amending templates from to ensure information is up-to-date
- Work Schedule Amendments & Edits
- Preparing Report Charts
- Management of Outstanding and Pending Quotations
- Setting up Project Files
- Management of Filing System
- Management of Staff, Client and Supplier Contact Details
- Stock Control – Stationery and General Survey & Office Supplies
- Booking Accommodation for Staff when working away
- Arranging Collections & Deliveries
- Booking Courses and Training for Staff
- Proof Reading Documents, Taking & Preparing Meeting Minutes
- Health and Safety
- Carrying out regular checks of in-house Health & Safety Systems (fire drills, emergency lighting, access & egress routes)
- Ensuring accident & Near Miss incidents are recorded/reported appropriately.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Full Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Access, Excel)
- Good Team Worker & People Skills
- Strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly Professional & Polite
- Commitment to Confidentiality & Discretion
- Punctual, Flexible & Reliable
- Confident and uses initiative to improve working processes.
Desirable Skills & Requirements
- Marketing / Customer Care Background
- Knowledge of Social Media Communications & Website Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software (Quickbooks) is desirable but training will be given
How to proceed
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity or you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please telephone us on 01823 667200 or Contact Us via our Website.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, please Apply attaching your CV and any supporting documents by noon on Monday 18th June. We will then respond to all applicants by 5pm on Tuesday 19th June.